Deployment Tips for Volunteers
- Check the deployment section of the website for updates on active deployments
- Check your Go-Bag (click here to download a list of recommended items)
- Fuel your vehicle and check the tires
- Wear your animal response team uniform shirt and your KDEM issued responder badge
- Charge your cell phone
- Check the batteries in your flashlight(s)
- Fill your water jugs with fresh water
- Remember to pack necessary medications
- Remember to keep personal items on your person (ie car keys, wallet, cell phone). Cargo pants or fanny packs are recommended.
*Volunteers must be trained & certified for disaster response (check the report above to confirm your training records are up-to-date BEFORE the disaster)
Volunteers helping people through animal disaster education, planning and response.