Dayna’s history in the animal welfare industry has been a 25 year adventure in varied capacities.
- 13 years with the Kansas Humane Society (KHS) as the Director of Volunteers, everyday bringing a new opportunity to share ideas, make order of controlled chaos and sometimes just herd the critters.
- Volunteered with KHS prior to being employed there in the adoption department and visiting area nursing homes with 4 legged shelter ambassadors.
- Instructed public dog training classes through the Wichita Dog Training Club, a local not-for-profit.
- I continue to train my own dogs in agility and compete and have been for 20 years.
- Joined the Sedgwick County Animal Response Team I believe in 2016 when they did the first ever TTRT in one weekend. Since then, became a member of the Board of the South Central Animal Response Team and now a board member for the Kansas State Animal Response Team.
My past job history is quite varied as well, court reporter, legal clerk, technology industry and I recently started another job this past October and am back in technology to some degree.
Animal welfare has been a passion for me for quite some time. Working with like-minded people, we can make a positive impact for animals and people in disasters or times of need.