When and Where are the workshops in 2018?
Saturday/Sunday 7:45am-5:00pm (both days)
June 23-24 (Max Capacity 40)
Western State Bank Expo Center, 11333 Hwy 283, Dodge City, KS
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED:
April 28-29 (Max Capacity 40)
Leawood Justice Center, 4201 Town Center Dr., Leawood, KS
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED:
April 14-15 (Max Capacity 75)
Derby Public Library, 1600 Walnut Grove Rd, Derby, KS
What is “Train Today Respond Tomorrow”?
- A convenient weekend workshop designed to provide complete standard response training in a fun and supportive group environment.
- In two days you can become a certified animal responder volunteer ready to help before spring storm season begins.
- Both are full days of training (8am-5pm)
- Day One includes awareness level courses in: National Emergency Management and Incident Command, Pet, Human and Psych First Aid and Animal Response Basics.
- Day Two is an interactive, hands-on shelter training course (added in 2018)
How much does it cost?
- ONLY $30 – 2 days of standard training, certification as an animal responder volunteer, emergency management ID badge, & a responder uniform t-shirt
- ONLY $15 – current animal responder volunteers who have completed initial standard training and need to renew pet and/or human first aid courses AND/OR need to attend Level 2 training (the sheltering course)
- Morning coffee will be provided, lunch is on your own
How often & where is this offered?
- Annually each spring
- Regionally across Kansas (all workshops are open enrollment, find the weekend date and location that fits your schedule)
Is there more?
- Some standard courses can be taken on-line (click here to find those training links)
- Upon completion of standard requirements, specialized responder training is available (click here to learn more)
- A Sheltering course (Level 2) has been added to day 2
Who can attend?
- NEW Volunteers (sign up and train to make a difference, no previous disaster response experience or training required)
- Active animal response team volunteers who want/need to complete their standard requirements to become responder certified
- Responder volunteers needing to renew training in Pet or Human First Aid
- Responder volunteers needing to complete the NEW sheltering course (now Day 2 of TTRT)
Note: The minimum age for animal responder volunteers and workshop attendees is 18 years.
How do I get signed up?
Preregistration and payment is required on or before:
March 23 for the April 14-15 Workshop in Derby, KS
April 6 for the April 28-29 Workshop in Leawood, KS
June 1 for the June 24-25 Workshop in Dodge City, KS